Kevin Carroll on “Play for Performance”
Principles for turning ideas into reality:
- Look – keep your eyes open; attach stories to what you see. Use the eyes of a child; look up; be curious
- Be wiling to do champions’ work – it’s lonely – use the time to practice and become great. We all get 86,400 seconds a day; use them well
- How’s your “want to”? Don’t talk about it, be about it. A closed mouth doesn’t get fed. Lead with courage. Courage is action, not words.(watching a video of a swimmer in 29 degree water at the North Pole! Why? To call attention to global warming) Be willing to fail, to learn
- Connect on a human level. One random act of kindness can change the world
- Five ingredients to a DREAM – dedication, responsibility, education, action, motivation. No dream is microwaveable.
- Be bold, be audacious, go after something that scares you a little bit.
Kevin Carroll – very inspiring!