PLACEMAKER: Research Programme: Questions?
This post relates to the open LinkedIn Group of the same name: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/PLACEMAKER-Research-Programme-5093552/about
PLACEMAKER is our next research programme, and we would like to get you involved. It comprises the kind of exploratory research, across multiple-disciplines, which we love – and upon which most of you will have a view! It is also related to my PhD, which officially started on 1st April at UWE Bristol, and as you know will be a long process (hopefully around four years). So, personally, I also very much welcome all your feedback – now, and into the future…
For now, I just want to put these questions out there, for you to comment upon, and add to:
- What is the relevance of PLACE to an organisation? Or to a part of an organisation, in a specific place?
- Location is one key aspect, but what are the characteristics of PLACE at different levels – region, city, sector, street, building?
- An organisation, any occupier of PLACE, is the demand-side of the ‘economics of place’ – what are those demand factors?
- Users (employees, contractors, consultants, visitors) form part of the ‘demand’ profile – what level of user engagement occurs?
- How does the supply-side of the ‘economics of place’ position itself to deliver to this demand profile?
- How do regions, cities, and sectors of cities, impact on and relate to demand from organisations and their workforce?
- How does the economics of agglomeration, and the competitive advantage of cities, relate to PLACE?
- What, and who, is a PLACEMAKER? City Mayors, property owners/developers, hub operators, and occupiers?
- How do they work, and interact, for mutual economic advantage?
- What will the future PLACE look like, for organisations and their knowledge-workers? Hooks to PLACES? Or free-roaming?
There are many more questions that we could ask – but what are the key questions? I look forward to your comments! Thank you in advance, Paul.